The Tofino tours are small, personal tours that provide everybody with the opportunity to discover the natural beauty of Vancouver Island’s West Coast.
3 days, 2 nights
Beachfront camping and an extra day to explore and offers many opportunities to explore Vancouver Island’s beautiful nature and enjoy optional activities such as hot springs cove, surfing, whale watching, and kayaking!
Meeting Place: 1010 Canada Place, Vancouver
Relax on this extended Tofino tour with beachfront camping and plenty of time to enjoy all the highlights of Canada’s favourite surf town Tofino.
We know there’s never enough time in Tofino so put together this camping tour option from Vancouver! You have time to do everything you want to while exploring this relaxing location. Let out your inner adventure seeker and get back in touch with nature as you enjoy the variety of outdoor activities and tours in Tofino! If you have the time and vacation budget, this is the perfect student tour to Tofino.
Tofino Ultimate Camping Tour Highlights
- Enjoy a scenic ferry ride through the Gulf Islands on the way to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island
- Stop for lunch at Coombs Market (where the goats live on the roof!)
- Explore the ancient giant cedar trees of Cathedral Grove
- Visit Long Beach, the town of Tofino, and have the opportunity to explore the countless hiking trails in the area, such as the Wild Pacific Trail and Tonquin Beach Trail.
- Camp on Mackenzie Beach and enjoy the sunset and the stars from your beachfront campsite!
- With two nights and three days in Tofino, you will have extra time to relax and explore the beautiful nature around Tofino, go on a tour to Hot Springs Cove, or other optional activities such as whale watching, surf lessons, kayaking, and more!
- Learn about Canadian heritage & traditions with your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide
- Have FUN!!!
- Roundtrip mini-bus transportation from downtown Vancouver
- Ferry cruise through the Strait of Georgia
- Guided sightseeing in Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park
- Two nights’ beachfront camping location at Mackenzie Beach Resort
- Camping gear including shared tent and sleeping bag
- Discounts on optional activities such as hot springs cove, surf lessons, whale watching, kayaking, and many more!
- Beach bonfire and marshmallow roast (weather, fire restrictions & season permitting)
- Friendly, experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes, park fees and ferry fees
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
Day 1 Vancouver to Tofino
- Depart Vancouver for Horseshoe Bay
- Take the ferry to Vancouver Island
- Visit the famous Coombs Market where goats live on the roof
- Explore Cathedral Grove and the giant cedar trees
- Visit Little Qualicum Falls
- Drive through Pacific Rim National Park and go for a hike along the Wild Pacific Trail
- Arrive at Mackenzie Beach Resort and set up camp
- Have an amazing beach bonfire and marshmallow roast
Day 2 West Coast Adventures
- Free day to participate in optional activities such as a full day excursion to hot springs cove, surfing, whale watching, bear watching, and kayaking ($)
- Explore pristine west coast beaches
- Free time for dinner at one of the local restaurants in Tofino ($)
Day 3 Tofino to Vancouver
- Morning at leisure
- Option to participate in more activities
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 10:00pm
No meals are included in the price of the tour. Your tour guide will give you recommendations for a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences. The campground has on-site food options including a beachfront BBQ restaurant and a cafe, as well as fire pits at each campsite should you wish to cook your own food while camping.
Each campsite group of 3-4 people will be provided with basic camping equipment, including a tent and sleeping bags. Each beachfront camping site includes a picnic table and fire pit. The campground facilities include washrooms, token-operated hot showers, and WIFI.
- Swim suit and towel for surfing and/or other water activities
- Good / comfortable walking shoes or boots
- Warm Jacket/Hoody
- Small Pillow or Pillowcase which you can fill with clothing
- Water bottle
We offer a variety of exciting activity and attraction options at discounted rates. Some activities are only available during winter or summer seasons. We highly recommend booking optional activities at the time of booking your tour as availability for some activities is limited. We offer the following optional activities on this tour for a discounted price. Please note that these prices are based on advance bookings, the price will be more if booked on tour.
- Surfing Lesson
- Hot Springs Cove tour
- Whale Watching Tour
- Bear Watching Tour
- Kayaking Tour
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle-boarding)
- Meare’s Island Water Taxi