Relax on this extended tour with plenty of time to enjoy all the highlights of Canada’s favourite surf town.
2 days, 1 nights
The Tofino Classic Tour includes one BBQ dinner and an extra day to participate in more optional activities, such as the Hot Springs Cove Tour. There will be a two-night accommodation in Ucluelet.
Escape to the relaxing West Coast of Vancouver Island on a small, personal tour of Tofino. Discover the natural beauty, see the variety of marine life, and understand the rich culture of the First Nations people in the are. Our Tofino tours allow time for whale watching, kayaking, and surfing, and other fun activities. This destination is a favourite among Canadians for relaxation and seaside fun.
On our student tour, you can enjoy a ferry ride to Nanaimo, Coombs Market (where the goats live on the roof!), Englishman River Falls, Cathedral Grove (with the ancient giant cedar trees), the Wild Pacific Trail, Long Beach, the town of Tofino, and the countless hiking trails. Plan an adventure tour in Tofino with Club ESL!
- 1-night accommodation* (Based on dorm rooms with 10 people sharing 1 mixed gender room in single bunks)
- 1 breakfast
- Round-trip ferry transportation
- Round-trip bus transportation from downtown Vancouver
- Sightseeing tours through some of the most stunning scenery on Vancouver Island with a very knowledgeable and fun tour guide
- Discounts for optional activities such as surfing, whale watching, kayaking, and many more!
- Beach bonfire and marshmallow roast (weather, fire restrictions, and season permitted)
- All taxes
- Essential Info
This tour departs from Canada Place, between the East and West Convention Center in downtown Vancouver. The departure location is conveniently located within walking distance of the Waterfront Skytrain station, and close to many downtown hotels. Please arrive at the departure location 15 minutes prior to the departure time of your tour.
The price is based on 10 people sharing a dorm room with single bunk beds. There is an option to upgrade to a hotel room, but this must be based on a minimum of a party of four booking together (quad occupancy), or three (triple occupancy), or two (double occupancy).
- 7 am – Arrive at Canada Place
- Depart Vancouver at 7:15 am sharp. Please note due to ferry times, the bus will not wait for late guests
- Ferry ride through the Strait of Georgia to Nanaimo
- Explore Englishman River Falls – straddles the scenic Englishman River, west of Parksville, where impressive waterfalls cascade and plummet down a rocky gorge in a beautiful forest setting
- Visit Coombs – your camera is a must item on a trip to Coombs, as on a good day, visitors might get a picture of the goats on the roof.
- Visit Cathedral Grove and gaze upon the ancient giant cedar trees
- Drive through Pacific Rim National Park
- Check in to your hotel and free time to spend as you like
- Dinner (not included) followed by a campfire with roasted marshmallows and s’mores for dessert! (weather and fire restrictions permitting)
- Visit Long Beach, a surfer’s paradise
- Explore the fishing village of Tofino
- Participate in an activity for which Tofino is famous such as surfing, whale watching, bear watching, or kayaking
- Depart Tofino in the afternoon for Vancouver
- Arrive in Vancouver at approximately 10 pm
- Optional Activities
Optional activities should be booked for and paid in advance. We can not guarantee availability if you wait to book the day of the tour and the price of activities will increase if you do not order and pay in advance. Guests will have to choose between Surfing and Whale Watching as both activities take place at the same time.