Perfect for beginner or advanced skiers. Either hit the slopes or take a lesson and then go on a unique night skiing experience!
4 days, 3 nights
Sightseeing through the most beautiful parts of Canada
This is the same winter tour of Canada, but departing from Victoria! Designed for students who can’t wait to play in the snow or hit the slopes, this tour includes your breakfast, accommodations, sightseeing excursions, and plenty of free time for your own activities. We spend a day and night in Banff, where you can go dashing through the snow on an included sleigh ride or head up the mountain for skiing and snowboarding at Lake Louise. The winter activities don’t end there! Also add on some dog sledding or ice walking to your itinerary for the most exciting wintertime things to do in the Canadian Rockies.
Winter Tour from Victoria Highlights
- Many chances to see wildlife (deer, elk, bighorn sheep, and more!)
- Get the chance to ski or snowboard at Lake Louise Ski Resort or try other amazing winter activities!
- Amazing glaciers and waterfalls
- Breathtaking scenery in Lake Louise, Banff, and Golden
- Learn about Canadian heritage and traditions with your Canadian tour guide
- Have FUN!!!
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation with pools and hot tubs including one night in downtown Banff
- 3 breakfasts – Luxury coach transportation
- Videos, games, music, and prizes
- Traditional Canadian campfire where you roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores
- Friendly, experienced Tour Guide to make sure you have the best trip ever!
- All taxes and park passes
- Ferry fees
- What to Bring
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants, and a warm jacket – temperatures can actually drop below -15 degrees!
- Passport and second piece of ID to get into the bars
- Good, comfortable, and warm walking shoes
3 breakfasts are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will give you a list with a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Quaaout Spa & Resort in Chase, Voyager in Banff, Days Inn or Travelodge Golden
Each room has a private bathroom with towels, soap, and shampoo. The price is based on quad occupancy, which means 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds. You can upgrade your room type to double occupancy, single occupancy or to have your own bed in a room with three peoples for an additional cost.
- 5:30 am – Arrive at Douglas and Broughton streets in front of the red church and check in with your guide
- 5:45 am – Depart downtown Victoria for the ferries (please note we cannot wait for late passengers)
- Enjoy the scenic ride on BC Ferries through the Strait of Georgia to the mainland
- Join with guests departing from Vancouver and your friendly Canadian Tour Guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers. Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Enjoy a number of sights along the way, including the scenic Coquihalla Highway, Bridal Falls, and the Okanagan Valley, known as Canada’s desert!
- Check-in at the beautiful Quaaout Lodge & Spa
- The resort’s First Nations Cultural Host will greet the group and take everyone on a snowshoe walk while telling entertaining stories and legends
- After settling into your room, option to relax in the hot tub or swim in the indoor pool. Then join your guide for a campfire and marshmallow roast (weather permitting)!
- Breakfast at your hotel (included)
- Depart the hotel in the morning
- Drive through the beautiful snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park & Glacier National Park
- Visit Roger’s Pass National Historic Site
- Explore Lake Louise! Optional ice skating (seasonal)
- Continue your drive to Banff. Once in Banff, enjoy a driving tour of the world-famous town
- Check into your hotel in Banff
- Free time to go shopping on Banff Avenue and try one of the many restaurants
- Option to join your guide for a night out dancing! (18+ only with 2 pieces of valid ID)
- Option to go skiing/snowboarding at Lake Louise Mountain or participate in another winter activity like dog sledding or ice walking or optional Banff Gondola
- If you are not participating in an activity, sleep in and meet your guide for an extended tour of Banff
- Option to soak in the Banff Hot Springs
- Depart Banff in the afternoon for Golden
- Check into your Golden hotel and enjoy the indoor pool with waterslides and hot tub
- Option to visit the local hot spot for an end of tour party!
- Depart Golden
- Stop at Craigellachie (the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway)
- Enjoy entertainment, movies, and games
- Stop at the Aberdeen Shopping mall for lunch and shopping
- Return to downtown Victoria at approximately 11:30 pm
**Please note that we occasionally encounter circumstances out of our control such as extreme weather, traffic delays, forest fires or highway closures. If these circumstances result in a missed ferry connection, the extra night’s accommodation will be the responsibility of the passenger.