Parent / Guardian Resources
Welcome to our Parent / Guardian Resource section and congratulations on considering travel opportunities for your son or daughter. It is a proven fact that youths who travel and / or study abroad come back with a greater sense of maturity, and more knowledge about the world and their place in it. Although it is a very rewarding and fulfilling experience for your child, it is completely understandable and expected that you would be concerned about your child’s safety and well being while traveling. Please review the following information about the steps that we take to ensure that we provide our guests and their parents with the best possible experience and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us toll free at 1-877-689-8128 or 604-689-8128.
You can rest assured that your child is in safe hands traveling with Club ESL & Discover Canada Tours. The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority and have taken the following measures to provide the highest level of safety:
- All of our Tour Guides have gone through criminal record checks
- All of our Tour Guides are certified in First Aid
- All of our Tour Guides go through extensive training and are very professional, knowledgeable, experienced, and fun
- We are a fully insured tour operator with 10 Million liability insurance / OCC
- We have a high Tour Guide / chaperone to student ratio
- We work with the most reputable coach company in B.C., the only one that has coaches with seat belts
- All of the suppliers that we work with, including accommodations and activity providers, are carefully selected to ensure they meet our safety and quality standards
- We are a member of good standing with the Business Practices & Consumer Protection Authority (BPCPA) of British Columbia.
- We have a 24 x 7 support line so if any problems occur on a tour there is an experienced support team readily available to assist the Tour Guides in any type of event.
We are experts in student travel; in business since 2005 we have sent over 70,000 students on tours throughout Canada. Over the years we have established close relationships with both private and public post-secondary education institutions with whom we work closely with to develop the tours and market the tours to the students. We also work with the majority of the school districts in British Colombia sending students ranging in age from 12–18 to multiple destinations including Whistler, Seattle, Victoria, the Rocky Mountains, Ontario, and the Yukon Territories.
In 2011, Discover Canada Tours proudly became an Honorary Associate Member of Languages Canada. We are the only student tour & activity operator in Western Canada that has been issued this distinction.
Our goal is not just to sell seats but to sell a memorable and unique experience. We truly care about each and every one of our guests and strive to give them ‘the time of our lives’. Everyone in our organization is committed to this belief and will not hesitate to go above and beyond to make sure each guest is having a wonderful experience. We take pride in the fact that many of our customers were referred by past customers or are repeat customers themselves.
Best Prices & Best Value
The primary objective of Club ESL & Discover Canada Tours is to provide innovative and unique travel experiences for the best value showcasing the most spectacular places, attractions and activities in Canada. Over the past 7 years, we have established ourselves as experts in creating and delivering quality services and unforgettable experiences at affordable prices.
As a division of Uniglobe Specialty Travel, a franchise of the largest international travel agency association, we are able to leverage our buying power with suppliers and are therefore able to offer the lowest price without compromising the quality of the tour.
Permission / Waiver Forms
For any guest under the age of 19 we do require the parent or legal guardian to read and sign our waiver form. Please fill out the appropriate waiver form and submit online, fax to 1-604-688-3317 or scan and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We must receive the signed waiver form at least 1 day prior to the tour departure date.
General Waiver (guests under the age of 19 only)
Club ESL/Discover Canada Tours – Minor Waiver Form
Seattle US Customs Waiver Form
Orca Spirit Waiver 2015
Credit card Authorization form